The PAS has two main functions:
Hub for international, European, national and regional logistics
The PAS manages high-quality river and rail infrastructures along nearly 100 km of Rhine riverfront.
The PAS occupies a privileged position within Europe’s transport corridors, at the point where four of them meet: Rhine – Alps, North Sea – Mediterranean, Rhine – Danube, Atlantic.
The logistics services present at the PAS cover international, European, national and regional distribution. They have some first-class advantages:
- Strategic positioning on the Rhine, with privileged access to Rotterdam and Antwerp, Europe’s leading ports and the main points of entry for international trade with Europe
- Extremely lively multimodal activity, with the strong backing of river infrastructures and excellent port facilities, plus 100 km of rail network
- A strong, diversified industrial basis, which has given rise to powerful logistics services
- Recognised expertise in the logistics field
- Logistics with high added value that generates employment