The PAS has three container terminals, providing a combined offer of local transport. The terminals are managed by RET, a PAS subsidiary.
Strasbourg north container terminal
Located north of the Pont de l’Europe, the terminal is equipped to accommodate vessels loaded with four layers of containers.
- two river gantry cranes (commissioned in 2004 and 2010)
- one rail gantry (commissioned in 2013) fitted with a piggyback spreader
- 8 hectares for storage and handling of containers
- 600 metres of wharf, with the possibility of handling two self-propelled units at the same time
- railway sidings sufficient for handling several trains at the same time (max. length 700 m)
Strasbourg south container terminal
This was the PAS’s first terminal; construction began in 1969.
- two river gantry cranes (commissioned in 1969 and 1998)
- 11 hectares for storage and handling
- one container repair workshop
- two wharves, one 300 m in length, the other 120 m
- railway sidings
R3flex - Lauterbourg container terminal
The terminal began operation in June 2018.
- one river gantry crane for loading two vessels at the same time
- one 140-metre wharf
- two rail tracks (400 metres)
- 6 500 m2 for storage and handling of containers